Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Visiting Cal Poly in the summer?

wcw110wcw110 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited July 2010 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
My family and I are going on vacation to central California in a couple of weeks and we are planning on visiting Cal Poly. I want to apply early decision to Cal Poly so would like to visit before I apply but being out of state this is the only time to visit before the ED deadline. Will there be any students there at the end of July and even if there is not many there does it make much of a difference for visiting?
Post edited by wcw110 on

Replies to: Visiting Cal Poly in the summer?

• ocslodadocslodad Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    SOAR may be going on, if that is the case there will be a lot of activity. Otherwise pretty dead, but it is a beautiful place and worth looking around.
  • SummerTime9SummerTime9 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Since Soar will be taking place during the first two weeks of August, that would be a good time to visit the campus and community. Here are the dates - SOAR - Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration - Student Life & Leadership - Cal Poly
  • bjornredtailbjornredtail Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    There will be people on campus. Cal Poly is running some summer school classes and nearly all department offices will be open. So, I'd say far from 'dead'.
  • NTKS17NTKS17 Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    I was in your same situation. I am out of state and visited the campus over the summer. There are definitely some students around, but not as many as during the regular school year. I think the most important part though is to really get the feel of the campus. Walk around all of it (or at least as much as you can). You really want to be sure that this is where you belong before you do early decision. Also, you probably won't be able to go in the dorms, but I would definitely suggest walking around them outside so you can get some feel of what they are like.
This discussion has been closed.