Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Schedules are up!

Replies to: Schedules are up!

• momofmvmomofmv Registered User Posts: 595 Member
    Does it have anything to do with when she is attending SOAR? Or perhaps by major?
    I know you and your daughter are anxious/excited to see what is being planned for you.
  • 2Leashes2Leashes Registered User Posts: 1,632 Senior Member
    ^^ I'm not sure! She attends SOAR on August 10. She's in the college of Science and Mathematics--Kinesiology. Well, she'll find out soon enough! :)
  • thebeachthebeach Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    My DD is a kinesiology major and I found her schedule under grades or go to enrollment and click on weekly schedule.
  • ss1202ss1202 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    2leashes, My S's portal also says that classes are being generated and that he is not officially enrolled in classes, but if you go to the student center and click "enrollment" tab to left, scroll down to "my weekly schedule" it has a schedule there for him. I am assuming that this could be changed and that it is not final. He found it just by searching around the student center. If it is not there I would assume that they haven't gotten to that major yet. My S is in general engineering.
  • 2Leashes2Leashes Registered User Posts: 1,632 Senior Member
    To "thebeach"---I've clicked on everything. No class schedule. :( It says she is not enrolled in any classes. Hmmm...and she's a Kinesiology major like your daughter.

ss1202: See above reply. Well, as long as she's not the only student without a class schedule! :)
  • dietz199dietz199 Registered User Posts: 3,144 Senior Member
    D is a business major. Found a schedule which shows her taking 2 psych classes and only 12 units total. I hope this is a work in progress - she will be calling CP later this afternoon to try and get some clarification.
  • CalMom05CalMom05 Registered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    My son is still only signed up for 10 units. I am hoping they add some more units before he attends SOAR so he doesn't have to fight for the min. number of units his first semester. I think they are supposed to be pre-registered for at least 12 units. They can add more if they want after SOAR. That's the way it was explained to me anyway. And his portal still indicates they are working on his schedule, so we will just sit tight for now.
  • bigxcmanbigxcman Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    I wouldn't be so concerned to be freaking out. Your official schedule isn't even up, it's in the "grades" section.
    HI CalMom05! Be sure that you changed the times to a larger range and refresh the calendar. My son had a n english class from 6:00-8:00 and it didn't show until we made the time range go until 8:00 pm. We know that this is a work in progress...but it is still fun to see the schedules starting to be made.
    Thanks momofmv. I tried changing the times and he is still only signed up for 10 units. I'm not too worried. He has to have at least 12 units to be considered a full time student for insurance purposes, so I'm sure he will get it worked out. It is just really exciting to see the schedules.
    Hey! I looked under grades and it has his complete schedule and you can see the teachers too. We are very excited because he has an excellent math teacher (according to polyratings) Linda Patton. Awesome!

CalMom05 I am sure he will have another class added or they will show him how to do it at SOAR. When is he going to SOAR? We are going on Aug. 2nd.
  • NTKS17NTKS17 Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    I would not be too concerned right now about having a schedule or the number of classes you currently have, however just so you know, last year there were a very small amount of people (freshmen) who ended up no classes. For some reason, they weren't assigned a schedule or something weird happened. This happened to one guy in my WOW group. They had to crash classes on their first day of college which probably really sucked. I don't know how/why this happened, but just be careful so you do not end up in this position.
    Well, they did assign a 4th class for my son, but it was for a class he already had at a cc. Although they have his transcripts, they did not have time to input the information. He has to wait until SOAR to try to fix it. Oh well!
    momofmv-we will be there Aug. 2nd for SOAR. I'll look for you!
  • mandilovemandilove Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    so we can change our schedules around, right?
    because they put me in math 118 (precalculus algebra) when i've already taken that,
    and i want to take math 141.
    plus i don't want to take night classes. yes i'm picky haha.
This discussion has been closed.