Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Choose UC campus International Student

SpanishStudent2SpanishStudent2 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited July 2012 in California Colleges
Hey!

I'm a Spanish student undergraduate in Business Economics and got accepted into UC for an exchange next year. I have to select 3 campuses and I thought about Economics or Business Economics in UCLA, Berkeley, UCSB, UCSD or UCD.

Which campus would you recommend if I want an active social life on campus or around, interesting clubs to get involved, lots of things to do and I won't own a car! I also prefer beach to mountains.
Regarding the academics I believe that the best ones are UCB and UCLA. But as I have to pick 3, which ones would you recommend?

Any help will be veeeeery appreciated!!!
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
:)
Post edited by SpanishStudent2 on

Replies to: Choose UC campus International Student

• siliconvalleymomsiliconvalleymom Registered User Posts: 4,461 Senior Member
    If the beach is an important priority to you, then choose a UC in Southern California (UCSB, UCLA, UC Irvine, UC San Diego).
    What kinds of clubs are you looking for?
  • SpanishStudent2SpanishStudent2 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey!! Thank you very much for your answer!!

I was looking for a place where it'd be easy to get involved and people are welcoming. I believe it is like this in California? :)
  • hesdjjimhesdjjim Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    I would definitely have UCB and UCLA on the list. Also, since you said you like the beach, I would highly recommend UCSB.
  • InfoQuestMomInfoQuestMom Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    For beach access, number one would be UCSB, the campus is right by the beach. UCSD is also super close.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 63,569 Senior Member
    Note that Berkeley and Merced are on the semester system (15 week terms, two per academic year plus an 8 week summer session), while the others are on the quarter system (10 week terms, three per academic year plus a 10 week summer quarter).
This discussion has been closed.