Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chapman and LMU for Marketing/BA?

kaylarosolarekaylarosolare Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
edited November 2013 in California Colleges
How are these schools' Marketing/Business programs? I've looked up LMU's M-School and it seems really good from class videos I've watched. But I'd love some opinions!
Post edited by kaylarosolare on

Replies to: Chapman and LMU for Marketing/BA?

• NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 5,764 Senior Member
    For a marketing degree - I'd save the $ and go to a CSU. (SDSU, SLO, LB or Chico)

If you gotta go private, Santa Clara has a great program.
  • LongRangePlanLongRangePlan Registered User Posts: 750 Member
    It's worth pointing out that if you have the GPA/test scores, many private schools give merit aid making them LESS expensive that a CSU. My S is at Chapman, and with his merit scholarships, it actually cost us LESS than it would have cost to send him to SDSU, where he was admitted into the honor's college. And Santa Clara also offered him an excellent merit aid package.

Apply to appropriate CSUs, definitely, but if you like the program at Chapman (which does have a solid undergrad biz dept.) or LMU, don't let cost keep you from applying. You may be very pleasantly surprised with the financial package you are offered.
This discussion has been closed.