Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSD or Davis for Communications major???

Miller123Miller123 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited November 2013 in California Colleges
hey guys,

Which UC other than Berkeley and LA is the best for a communication major? I did my own research and landed on SD and Davis but I can only choose one :/ (have I missed a UC that's worth looking at?) which one would you guys choose and why? Also, I'm considering a school that focuses on practical work (not too much of research) and internship opportunities.
If this helps, I'm looking into advertising and marketing...

So yeah, back to the first question..which school is better for an comm major? SD or Davis?
I've heard that SD has a strong bio program but it is as strong for comm too? What about Davis and what are it's strengths?

Thank you!
Post edited by Miller123 on

Replies to: UCSD or Davis for Communications major???

• kaylarosolarekaylarosolare Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    The communications program at UCSD is not one focused on advertising, public relations, journalism, etc.UCSD is a research school, most of its majors are in the field of math and sciences.

Read more about it here, it tells you exactly what the program is. I'm not sure that's what you want.

http://communication.ucsd.edu/undergraduate/index.html
  • kaylarosolarekaylarosolare Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I also wanted to tell you more about advertising and marketing within the UC's. I am also interested in advertising and marketing and have realized that basically none of the UC's offer marketing, except for UC Irvine. I'm pretty sure they have a communications field as well. You can look it up though. Other that UCI and maybe like two others, none of the UC's have marketing or even business administration with a marketing track. I've spent plenty of time looking this up.
This discussion has been closed.