Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I am trying to transfer to a uc but I'm worried about financial aid and cal grants

MattyJNuvalMattyJNuval Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Ok so I am currently enrolled for classes in CSUN for the fall and I am doing EOP summer bridge classes as of june 30 I until august 7. I am planning finish my first year G.Es in CSUN and transfer to a community college for the following next year to finish my second year of G.E so I could be qualify to transfer to UC Irvine. The only question is, will cal grant cover my tuition for UCI when i re-apply for it the following year? will financial aid support me like I usually do? Keep in mind, I am low-income student living in los angeles

Replies to: I am trying to transfer to a uc but I'm worried about financial aid and cal grants

• aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 8,380 Senior Member
    Why are you assuming that you'll be able to transfer into UCI after hopping around for two years?

This sounds like an awful plan because you are assuming that what CSUN has as GE requirements will transfer to UCI as GE's. Each school is different in how they view their courses. UCI requires 60 "transferable" units. They get to pick and choose what they will accept and they might not accept the courses from CSUN. It happens a lot.

Cal Grant paperwork might not follow you as quickly as you might expect. Each school has a budget. What each school submits for reimbursement from the state might not fit your plans.
  • 4kidsdad4kidsdad Registered User Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
This discussion has been closed.