Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Just got into San Jose State University but afraid my admissions might get rescinded...

Andrew561Andrew561 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
So I barely made my major's eligibility index by about 100 points and I chose to go through much more rigorous courses this year and all are academic with no electives like art, ceramics, or choir, etc. My unweighted GPA is 2.83 due to the 2 AP courses Im taking this year, but its a 3.17 weighted which is lower than the 3.30 weighted GPA that I reported. If I get the same GPA again and fall under the EI, will I get my admissions rescinded? How will SJSU look at my final transcript? Do they re-calculate the EI when looking at the final transcript?

Replies to: Just got into San Jose State University but afraid my admissions might get rescinded...

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 22,511 Forum Champion
    edited February 2016
    According to the Freshman provisional admission contract:

To ensure your provisional admission passes verifcation, make sure your official final transcript meets the following criteria:
    • Confirm the completion of all of your A-G college preparatory coursework with a grade of “C-” or better by the end of Spring 2015.
    • Confirm your date of graduation.

As long as you pass your Senior year a-g courses with C or higher you should be fine. If you are still concerned, send an email to admissions.
This discussion has been closed.