Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chspe Transfer Out of State

KYDEGUKYDEGU Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
Hi, I'm taking the exam in the june. Assuming I pass, I will enter community college to begin my general education. After 2 years, I hope to transfer to a real university. Since I have some experience in college, CHSPE takers say they won't even look at my high school transcript. Does that mean I can apply to an out of state university as a transfer?

Replies to: Chspe Transfer Out of State

• Happy2HelpHappy2Help Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    My D took the CHSPE and stayed in state. Some OOS colleges don't have to take CHSPE for HS graduation proof if needed. They'll require GED.
  • KYDEGUKYDEGU Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Im sorry, i'm new to this whole forum website. I'm assuming 'My D' means dad... Do you know if the CHSPE affected his earnings, opportunities or anything lkke that?
  • Happy2HelpHappy2Help Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    D means daughter. She is a senior in college right now. She left HS as a junior, attended community college for 2 years, and then transferred to UCLA. This is her 2nd year.

It should not affect her future earnings or opportunities to have passed the CHSPE as it is recognized as a California diploma but does not have to be accepted outside of California.
  • KYDEGUKYDEGU Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Thank you so much for replying!
This discussion has been closed.