Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

CSU (F,N,LB,LA)

dapper817dapper817 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
Hello everyone,

So I'm a current mid tier UC business/econ student and after dabbling in some finance experience I realize that this isn't what I want to do with my life. I've always been passionate about music industry, film, production etc but kind of neglected it to follow a more practical, stable route in Finance. Now I realize that was a mistake, but my UC doesn't really have a hands on program it's more the "studies" of[insert here].

So my question is, which of the CSUs between CSUN, LB, F, or LA, (maybe SD, but that's pretty far from Los Angeles) has the best program?

Fullerton seems to have a really neat program with tv radio and film, LA is the closest to downtown la and Hollywood but I've been reading that their program is decent at best. LB was the school I was interested in going to first but their program seems to lack some of the things that Fullerton and CSUN have, and then finally CSUN, the school that I actually grew up 10 minutes next to surprisingly has what people are saying a "top 25" program.

I transferred to UC from an OC cc so I have most of the transfer work complete, I was looking at assist, and at most I'd have to take two summer school classes and then I can apply for a spring transfer during august. I have roughly a 3.6 gpa. Since CSUs seem to do more regional acceptance, would it matter where I'm living when I apply. (If I'm in LA will I ruin my chances of getting into Fullerton, if I'm in OC will I ruin my chances of getting into CSUN)

CSUN seems to be the most impacted and I would hate to not be able get accepted because I wasn't living close enough.

Ideally, I'd like to get accepted to both Fullerton and CSUN and then do more research to make my decision.
As of right now I can't think of any other questions or info, but if you feel like I'm missing something, just ask!
And thank you for any feedback!

Replies to: CSU (F,N,LB,LA)

This discussion has been closed.