Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Am I Qualified for CSU Transfer?

ambar_ambar_ Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
I plan to send CSU applications in October 2016. As of now, I am currently in community college and a big chunk of my credits only transfer to CSUs (not UCs). My GPA is a 4.0, but I'm not so sure if that will last for the next two semesters. I am the president of a club on campus and I also work as a tutor on campus. What is required to guarantee admission to a CSU, let's say Fullerton, San Jose, Sacramento, Sonoma, and Long Beach? Coming in as a transfer student, do I need to show high school SAT scores? Do I need to write any essays? Letter of recommendations needed? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies to: Am I Qualified for CSU Transfer?

• Happy2HelpHappy2Help Registered User Posts: 1,219 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Use Assist.org and your CC transfer center. An AA/AS-T has some guarantee.

High school stats don't count for transfer.

No letters or essays needed.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 19,256 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Other than having priority as local applicant to a CSU along with an AA/AS-T as noted in above post, there are no guarantees. Your GPA looks very competitive and HS grades/test scores are not considered if you are a transfer student (Junior level 90 quarter/60 semester units). No LOR's or essays are accepted. Admissions is based mainly on completing the GE and major requirements laid out in assist.org and GPA.

Do you not have a transfer counselor at your CC?
  • ambar_ambar_ Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @Gumbymom thank you for replying. I do have a transfer counselor; however, they haven't really told me what I need to do because I am still deciding which CSU I want to go to. They have been helpful, but have really just wanted me to follow the AA-T for English. I was concerned about LORs and test scores, but I guess I don't need them:)
  • ambar_ambar_ Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @Happy2Help thank you for your reply. I have been checking Assist.org but have not even looked at my CCs transfers center. I will go there ASAP. Thank you for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.