Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chances of getting into UCLA?

CocoshkieCocoshkie Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am in the high school class of 2018, and I know it might be a little early in telling if I can get into UCLA, but I need advice on what extracurriculars and community service I should add to my resume? And what SAT and ACT scores would help my chances?

Freshman year: 4.0
(Summer) Health: A
(Summer) World Geography: A
Spanish 2: A
English 1: A
Biology Honors: A
Dance 1: A
Choir 2: A
Geometry: A

Sophomore Year: 4.1666
(Summer) World History: A
Dance 1: A
Physiology: A
Spanish 3: A
Algebra 2: A
Theater 1: A
English 2: A

Junior year:
(summer) US History: A

My junior schedule: IB Psychology, AP English 3, Math Analysis, AP Statistics, Chemistry Honors, and Theater 3.
My senior schedule: AP Government/CP economics, AP English 4, AP Calculus AB, AP Physics 1, Theater 3, and I need one more class. (thinking of doing creative writing, IB film, or pre-education (where you go to elementary schools and be a teachers aid), or journalism?)

I am also in link crew, an active member in a club dedicating in lessening the social gap between special and general education students and drama club, I am going to be a counselor for a district elementary school camp, I have and I will participate in all of the school's theatrical productions since 10th grade, a part of my school's improv comedysportz team, a future intern with my local dentist's office, and in the summer of 2017, I will be a volunteer helping animal life in Thailand, establishing a summer camp in the Dominican Republic, and teaching kids English in Tanzania.

What are my chances of getting into UCLA or UCB?

Replies to: Chances of getting into UCLA?

• NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 4,830 Senior Member
    so far so good. keep up the performance and you'll have a good shot. Aim for a 1400+ on the new SAT and/or 32 ACT.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.