Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I need help asap!

raymondo428raymondo428 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
So I am a biology major at a community college that wants to go to a uc in california, and after that dental school. For math I only need to take up to calculus 2. Furthermore, it looks like I am going to get a c in my calc 1 class. I got an a in pre cal 1 and 2, and I know I will get an a in calc 2. But, I think a c will look so bad on my transcript and drop my gpa so much I just want to drop it and get a "W" and retake it and get an "A". What should I do?

Replies to: I need help asap!

• UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum Registered User Posts: 762 Member
    First, how do you know you will get an A in Calc. 2 when Calc. 1 is a prerequisite to 2? You might get a really hard grading teacher in Calc. 2.

I think a C in a CC can hurt you for dental school, especially the big name ones, say UCLA, USC, UCSF, etc. However, if you are an A student, especially in your upper division work (junior and senior years), the C might be viewed as an aberation. You should talk to an advisor about dropping and retaking.
  • uclaparent9uclaparent9 Registered User Posts: 1,277 Senior Member
    Getting a C in a major course in CC would not look good for your future plans at all! I would avoid getting one at any cost.
  • raymondo428raymondo428 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Ya so the thing is personal stuff happened and I failed a test, so even if I get an a on my next two tests and final which I can do, the best grade I can get is a c. So if I drop and get my first W, and get an A. that would be much better?
This discussion has been closed.