Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Reputable Colleges for BSW Degree

aspiringtreeaspiringtree Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello, in December 2016 i graduated from CSULB with a film degree, 3.5 overall GPA, 3.9 in the degree, but i'd like to pursue a Bachelors in Social Work.

Now the CSU's in my vicinity are Northridge, Dominguez Hills, Los Angeles, and Long Beach and only the last two offer a BSW option. Thing is that they are impacted programs that ask for a bulk of requirements and entry is only for fall, ruling me out atleast until Fall 2018 if at that at all.

What other options for schools do i have? Considering i have a Bachelors, i would imagine i could maybe pull of a BSW degree in 1.5- 2 years, and i'd jump at it, but seemingly can't.

Replies to: Reputable Colleges for BSW Degree

• arc918arc918 Registered User Posts: 723 Member
    Don't most job require an MSW? What is the quickest way to an MSW?

Also, the cheapest way, as those jobs are typically not known for paying well.
  • bookguybookguy Registered User Posts: 182 Junior Member

If you already have a bachelor's, then you should apply for an MSW. Some impacted universities do not allow a second bachelor's degree. Fullerton has a good master's program, and probably has admissions info on its website.
  • NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 5,867 Senior Member
    i agree - go straight for the Master's degree. Close to all of the CSUs are viable options.
This discussion has been closed.