Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Internship opportunities at California Universities

therealestsenioritistherealestsenioritis Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I'm an aspiring engineer deciding between UCSD, UCSC, and SDSU. I know that the internship and job opportunities are really numerous at UCSD, but how do the other two measure up?

Replies to: Internship opportunities at California Universities

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 25,071 Forum Champion
    Check out the Career Center website for both UCSC and SDSU along with the Department website for internship/job postings. Many schools will send internal email job/internship opportunities postings to current students also, so many of these opportunities will not be available for non-enrolled students to view.

Also check out Linked In and the specific schools. Most of the jobs/internships are going to require research on your part. They definitely will not be handed to you.
  • DoctorPDoctorP Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    It's always going to depend on your commitment to finding a job or internship. I believe UCSD has a stronger presence in the biggest tech firms (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, etc.) than either of the other two, although UCSC likely isn't far behind. http://www.businessinsider.com/the-20-best-schools-for-getting-a-job-at-google-2014-10?utm_source=linkedin-ticker&utm_medium=referral The stats are likely similar across all engineering disciplines, as

In the end, you're comparing a top-15 engineering school with one top-100 one and one top-200 one. The alumni network for one will be larger, and the Jacobs name will likely carry more cachet than the Baskin one. I don't doubt that you can excel no matter which of the three you graduate from, as long as you put in the extra effort required by each school.
This discussion has been closed.