right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UCSD vs UCI vs UCD vs UCR

UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate 13 replies2 threads New Member
Which would be a better campus for premed?

UCSD - physchology. average scholarship (50%)

UCI - biology, financial aid not available yet

UCD - biology, significant scholarship (65%)

UCR - biology honors, significant scholarship (75%)

Any input would greatly help. Thanks
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UCSD vs UCI vs UCD vs UCR

• NCalRentNCalRent 6171 replies14 threads Senior Member
    they are all excellent. Med school admission is all about GPA and test scores... go where you think you will perform best.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 28208 replies178 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    For Medical school, you want to keep undergrad costs at a minimum and as pointed out by @NCalRent, you will get an excellent education at any of the schools. Do you want to be a "big fish and a smaller pond" with a High GPA? Go where you can excel and be happy for the next 4 years.
    · Reply · Share
  • UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate 13 replies2 threads New Member
    @ Gumbymom @NCalRent. Thank you for the input. I did my pros and cons list, and will choose UC Davis. I was impressed with their presentation, the campus is beautiful and relaxing, and everyone was welcoming. I basically fell in love with UC Davis! If I decided to live off campus (to save on rent) would UC Davis take back some of the grant money I was initially offered? The grant money I received will cover my tuition, books, admin fees and partial housing only.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 28208 replies178 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    UCD would re-evaluate your financial aid based on the cost of attendance if you lived off-campus which would be less. At least for Freshman year, stay on-campus, make some good friends/connections then move off-campus Sophomore year. Every student should experience the dorms...
    · Reply · Share
  • UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate 13 replies2 threads New Member
    @Gumbymom ~ thank you for the information.
    · Reply · Share
  • NCalRentNCalRent 6171 replies14 threads Senior Member
    That's awesome! Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity