Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer jc to UCI

iMoguliMogul Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited June 2009 in California Colleges
I'm going back to college this fall. It's always been my dream to attend UCI, i know it won't be easy. I live in southern California and have several options of junior colleges to get started. But they all claim the same thing "We have the best transfer rates, blah blah blah".

Does anyone know where I can find some kind of ranking system for junior/city colleges? I want to start off on the right foot. Thanks!
Post edited by iMogul on

Replies to: Transfer jc to UCI

• 0zzy0zzy Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I don't think there are rankings of junior colleges ^_^.

If you are concerned about transferring, go to ASSIT and put in the junior college and then UC Irvine, then the major you plan to take. pick the school that has all the under-division classes accredited from the junior college to the university and you should be fine with that option.
  • iMoguliMogul Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey thanks for the response. Um is that the correct link you intended? Because if so.... well I don't speak Italian.
  • 0zzy0zzy Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
  • rpictonrpicton Registered User Posts: 707 Member
    It doesn't matter which CCC you go to. I would pick the one that's closest and has all or the majority of the prereqs for my major.

In fact, you have the possibility for guaranteed admission to UCI with the TAG program. It does depend on the major though. See UCI's site for more info:
    UC Irvine Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Fall 2009
This discussion has been closed.