Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

CSU Fresno vs CSU Fullerton?

michelle025michelle025 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited March 2010 in California Colleges
Which one is better in terms of academics? (political science & psychology)
Post edited by michelle025 on

Replies to: CSU Fresno vs CSU Fullerton?

• xelinkxelink Registered User Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    Generally Fullerton has the better reputation. In general though, everything depends pon the major. If you want a job in Orange County or LA though, local schools tend to be given extra credence.
  • naixn92naixn92 Registered User Posts: 522 Member
    ^ agree with xelink.
    how about SFSU? i heard its not that bad there. its even impacted.
  • xelinkxelink Registered User Posts: 1,125 Senior Member
    CSUF will be REALLY impacted in the near future. It's bad now with the budget cuts(main reason why Im going to UCIrvine over CSUFullerton or CSULongBeach) and it'll get worse shortly. CSULB is only accepting 7-8% of it's applicants this year. This means the rejects will probably go to fullerton(which geographically is the closest college and receives a lot of the same applicants as CSULB) expect turmoil.

I'm not sure about poli sci or psych though, I'm more of a business/econ guy which CSUF is fairly strong in. google it.
This discussion has been closed.