right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

What gpa is enough to be accepted by Caltech?

HughHuang96824HughHuang96824 63 replies2 threads Junior Member
I am a sophomore right now. I have a gpa of 3.7-3.8 UW Currently, but I am not sure. I have 96 for my physics, 95 for applied calculus, 95 for Japanese and 86 for English (They are all accelerated/ honor courses except for English ).I took AP Physics B exam without taking the course (Still waiting for the score, but I am sure it will be 5) and I also got 800 on both SAT Math 2 and Physics. Do you think it is good enough for a sophomore who wants to get in Caltech in the future? In my junior year I will take AP Physics C, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, English and US History. Any suggestions?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What gpa is enough to be accepted by Caltech?

• HughHuang96824HughHuang96824 63 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Could anyone help me, please?
    · Reply · Share
  • Coll1TBDColl1TBD 54 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Your grades and test scores are right in the zone. To improve chances of acceptance, pursue activities outside of the classroom (e.g. summer job, independent research, science/math competitions/fairs, leadership in science/math club) that can demonstrate your deep interest in science/math and set you apart from other applicants. Good luck!

· Reply · Share
  • HughHuang96824HughHuang96824 63 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Thank Coll1TBD, I did win several math competition and had been in math club until I attended tennis team. I think I will have a summer program on science in my junior summer. Thank you very much!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity