Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2019 Spring Transfers

Replies to: 2019 Spring Transfers

• csuu2k18csuu2k18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Major: Business Admin
    GPA: 3.09/ 3.19 +boost
    AA: Yes
    Pre Reqs: Yes
    Golden 4: A,C,C,B

I just got accepted today! :D
  • FinApplicantFinApplicant Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Just got accepted today as well, congrats to everyone!
  • RichardBIVRichardBIV Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    Accepted for Business Finance.
  • HehwasezHehwasez Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2018
    @csuu2k18 What emphasize of business did you apply to?
  • travelvtravelv Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Anyone still waiting for decision?
  • curtismcacurtismca Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @travelv Ya, I think the majority of us are still waiting. if you look at the forums from last year people heard back as late as end of October.
  • EspadaTiburonEspadaTiburon Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Got accepted yesterday.

Major: Computer Science
    GPA: around 3.17
    Location: Not Local, most of my units are from Santa Monica College, but have a few from Pasadena City College
    Golden 4: A, A, A, B
    Pre Reqs: Missing Math 270A and Math 250A, both of which I'm taking in Fall, Will be missing Math 250B and PHYS 226 by the time Spring comes around.
    Also Applied: CSUEB (Accepted), SFSU, and CSULB

I'm missing quite a bit of Math and Science classes, and none of my CS courses from SMC transfer over, so I'm a bit unsure how I got accepted, but I'll take it. I have over 100 units, a bunch of ARs, and the conditions for my acceptance doesn't say anything about me finishing the classes I'm taking for Fall, so I'm a bit confused whether they count or I can just withdraw from them. I also got 3 AAs from SMC, but none of them are for Transfer. Waiting on CSULB's decision, but this will be my backup.
  • izm3456izm3456 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Accepted yesterday!

Major: Psychology
    GPA: 3.19
    Golden Four: A, B, B, C
    Pre Reqs: Completed

• jtr1331jtr1331 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2018
    @EspadaTiburon where does it say the conditions for acceptance? My email just says I’m accepted and a bunch of stuff about accepting before mid November. Trying to find out what grades I need this semester, or if I just need to maintain my gpa for the acceptance to still apply.

Edit: nvm. Found it lol, just had to scroll down more.
    @jtr1331 Does yours say the same thing?

--- Validation of your cumulative GPA from all colleges attended as reported on your admission application. Transcripts will be used to verify GPA.

--- You must complete all 60 transferrable semester units. Remedial courses may not be used as transfer credit.

You have been admitted based on self-reported information. Verification of your cumulative GPA, Golden Four courses and total transferrable units will be required in order to enroll.

--- Your admission is contingent on you completing your Golden 4 course(s) with a grade of C- or better as well as accepting your admission by the deadline. For Fall, email your unofficial final grade card or printout from your campus website to [email protected] or fax them to (657) 278-1324 or hand carry it to the Admissions Office, LH 114 by June 22. If we do not receive your grade card by the deadline, you will not be able to attend CSUF.

I'm not sure if I need to finish my classes or not, because I think one of them doesn't count for credits anyways. I just took Fall as a backup so I could apply for Fall 2019 too.
  • travelvtravelv Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    Does anyone still have

Final Grades For Fall
    Final Grades For Spring

on their to-do list? Does that mean they haven't looked at the transcript to clear it yet?
  • jtr1331jtr1331 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    @EspadaTiburon No, mine says:
    --- Validation of your cumulative GPA from all colleges attended as reported on your admission application. Transcripts will be used to verify GPA.

--- You must complete all 60 transferrable semester units. Remedial courses may not be used as transfer credit.

You have been admitted based on self-reported information. Verification of your cumulative GPA, Golden Four courses and total transferrable units will be required in order to enroll.

Mine just didn't have the last bit, probably because I've already completed the Golden Four if you haven't yet.

@travelv No that hasn't been put on my to-do list. Mine only shows that I need to accept admission.
    @jtr1331 Thanks. I took the last one in the Summer, so I think they haven't processed those grades yet.
    My To Do List is still asking for Final Grades for Summer, even though I've already sent in all my official transcripts. I'll just wait for it to get processed.
  • elaina444elaina444 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm still waiting :( I checked the CSUF portal, is there anywhere specific I should look?
    I also checked my CSUF email and nothing.

Major: Business Admin-Accounting
    GPA: 3.46
    AA: In progress to complete this Fall
    Pre Reqs: Yes
    Golden 4: A,A,A,A
  • HehwasezHehwasez Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Still waiting as well.

Major: Business Administration with concentration in Finance
    GPA: 3.09 ; 3.19 with boost
    AA-T/AS-T?: Yes, AS for Transfer in Business Admin
    Pre-reqs: Complete
    Golden 4: Finished, C,C,C,C