Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Master at UC after Bachelor at CSU

VincentPeerVincentPeer Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hey guys,

So generally I heard, that CSU is not as good as UC. At least in the eyes of employers.
I was wondering, what happens if I finish my bachelor in a CSU and then complete my Master in UC.
Do employers mainly consider the Master/UC and disregard the CSU?

So I am thinking, instead of struggling to get into a UC, that I could just go to a CSU and then afterwards finish my Master in a normal University.

Replies to: Master at UC after Bachelor at CSU

• aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 9,308 Senior Member
    Depends on the work.
    My husband likes hiring CSUs for their practical experiences.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 23,521 Forum Champion
    I know plenty of people that got undergrad degrees at a CSU and when to grad school at a UC. Do not let other people and hearsay discourage you.
  • usualhopefulusualhopeful Registered User Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Do you want a Master's degree, or do you just want to get a UC graduate degree for résumé padding?
  • elefish92elefish92 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    Try to look at the school itself rather than what kind of system it is in. To be fair, I would avoid any unranked universities on US News in general. This is what I did and quite frankly my school is the best undergraduate institution for me by a long shot.

I doubt employers would actually care of where you went. It may help if it is a college in the area or if it's an elite university for your field (assuming you did superior), but besides that I don't think it is a big deal. Do not go to a college that is appalling AKA for-profit, new private, and etc.

To answer your question, it depends on the company of how much they value the institution of where you got your degree.
This discussion has been closed.