Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of getting in class off waitlist

reconreyreconrey Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Well, I am a bit worried because I am waitlisted for a course at CSU Channel Islands (COMP 262, Comp Organization/Architecture) in position 3 and the class had 24 seats available. I am a transfer student from Moorpark college and have never had to deal with waitlists before because I always try to register early. However, my transfer credit report came in rather late and I was unable to get the in the class before the seats filled up.

The problem is that if I do not get into this course I will have to take another whole semester, so if it comes down to that I would rather drop the entire semester and register for Spring 2017. I will be able to get a full refund if I drop by by Saturday, so I will only be able to get a partial refund if I wait too see if anyone drops further into the semester.

So, what are my chances here? Is this class a very desired class? Would it be smarter to drop the entire semester and start in Spring? I already am a year behind from Moorpark and I would prefer not lose another semester, but I would rather not have to pay for a semester just for one class.

Replies to: Chances of getting in class off waitlist

This discussion has been closed.