Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fall 13 transfer

2»

Replies to: Fall 13 transfer

• momgoestocollegemomgoestocollege Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    I was accepted to the same film program and saw no indication that there was going to be an interview. I'm confused about this as well.
  • Lalaland3Lalaland3 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I was accepted today too but under theory and practice and I applied under production without a second option. I called admissions and they couldn't give me an answer except that there was some issue with narrative majors and the department changed my major so I was accepted under theory but they had no idea why they did that.
    I called the department and was instructed to leave a message, still waiting to hear back.
    The theory options requires no portfolio or interview so they just send those out like that. I'm hoping I get an answer soon since I'm not really too excited about this at the moment.
  • lakerfanlakerfan Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I got accepted Friday into the Narrative Production option. I too, thought we had to go for an interview before we found out and so i am really confused. I called and left a message but nobody got back to me. I am going to call again Monday and if I get an answer I will let you guys know. The FEA department seems to be easier to reach when your call is transferred straight from COTA rather than the number directly.
    Yeah let us know when you find out.
  • xjoex93xjoex93 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Just like LaLaLand3 I got in but under Theory instead. I had applied for narrative and even sent in my portfolio so I was very happy to see my letter of admissions but then disappointed in the major. I was surprised and home to hear something soon because I would have rather gotten denied instead of approved for a major I never intended in taking.
  • Lalaland3Lalaland3 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    @xjoex93 I finally got a hold of the FEA advisor and apparently we weren't recommended for acceptance for narrative production so they just decided to change our majors and accept us under theory instead. I agree 100% with you that I would much rather be denied than to get a pity acceptance to a program that in my opinion is completely different and had a much easier process of applications then the one we intended to.
  • lakerfanlakerfan Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    So I just talked with the FEA department, and they are not holding interviews this year because of the school's new application process. So for all those who received letters with Narrative Production as your major, you're in!
    what changed about the new application process I wonder
    Here's an email I got with the FEA Advisor. Extremely dissapointed to hear my offer, would have rather gotten denied then have them change my major.

Katrina Randolph- "Our department has reviewed the Narrative Production portfolios. Due to university's new admissions timeline, we will not be conducting interviews. We notified the University with the students that were recommended for admission into the Narrative Production option. Those that were not recommended for admission to the Narrative Production option, their majors were changed to Theory and Practice of Cinema and the University made admissions decisions (e.g. admit, waitlist, or deny) based on the new major of Theory and Practice of Cinema.

We will be sending out letters to all applicants explaining this information."
    What were your stats if I may ask?
    @momgoestocollege

GPA: 3.5
    Transfer
    CC: MPC
2»
This discussion has been closed.