Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Offered admission to the waitlist? What's that mean?!

DazednConfused08DazednConfused08 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
CSULB offered my admissions to their waitlist. What's that mean and when will I find out the final decision? Anyone else get this?

My stats:

3.745 GPA
Economics Major
All minimum prep work required completed except for 1 class
Post edited by DazednConfused08 on

Replies to: Offered admission to the waitlist? What's that mean?!

• tmc6773tmc6773 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I got wait listed for CSULB, just sent in my transcipts! Hopefully things go our way!
    Transfer
    Major: Kinesiology/Exercise Science
    GPA: 3.74
  • earmasearmas Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I have also been added on waitlist. I am SO SAD because I wanted to go to CSULB since forever and now I might have to settle with CSUF. Sending in my transcripts tonight! Good luck guys
  • DazednConfused08DazednConfused08 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    earmas- we are in the same boat!! I got accepted to CSUF as well....boy I'll tell you, they have been so much friendlier to deal with than LB! so either way I think we are in a good position
  • lawlkinglawlking Registered User Posts: 1,418 Senior Member
    Waitlist is when the school believes you are qualified but they don't have any 'spots' open. So, they are waiting to see if any of the people that did get admitted to decide not go to their school; which ends up with additional spots being open and giving it those in the waitlist. However, you can get rejected if no more spots open up.
    Do they ever accept waitlist individuals before the SIR of june 1st?
  • lawlkinglawlking Registered User Posts: 1,418 Senior Member
    Do they ever accept waitlist individuals before the SIR of june 1st?

Depends on when they release the batches. Usually, to save time and money, they will release the admissions/rejections of wait-listers after SIR. Because there will be people who don't respond to SIR, in which the University will automatically rescind the admissions after the deadline has passed; creating available space for wait-listed students.
  • 3mshaw3mshaw Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Well I got accepted but I am considering going to CSUF instead so there is a potential spot. And I am sure others may not accept admission so good luck to all of you!
  • CheyHHCheyHH Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Just remember that a LOT of people apply to CSULB as a backup school- including every single local HS graduate and LBCC transfer student because they get auto acceptance as long as they meet the minimum unit limit and eligibility requirements. A lot of these students will get accepted other places too though and decide not to go here.
  • AinaChanAinaChan Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I'm really hoping a lot of people reject the offer of admission; I hope I get into CSULB. X_X I got waitlisted too, thinking about rejection just sucks... The only two UCs I applied to rejected me.
  • ChibiIllustratorChibiIllustrator Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I got waitlisted too for Art, but if I don't get in I'm happy with going to CSUN!
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    Picking CSUF over CSULB? R U Mad bro?
    Nope! Thanks for opening a spot :).
  • Gunner4LifeGunner4Life Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    I didn't SIR to CSULB, all you waistlisters can thank me.
This discussion has been closed.