Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

• cpre98cpre98 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Same transcript is still pending /:
  • KryingKKryingK Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    @NguyenKoby I have the same thing dated today. I think its there until we complete SOAR.
  • svkashanisvkashani Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I'm debating whether I should attend CSULB or UCSB in the Fall. I got admitted as a soc major, and know both schools have a great Sociology department. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • nat2570nat2570 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    Hi everyone,
    So I have a question. I think that I might not pass my geography class this semester. If I do not pass it, will my admittance by rescinded?
  • BurntT0astBurntT0ast Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I am still on provisional admit, but I want to drop a class since I do not need it and would rather focus on other important classes. will this affect their decision at all? I included the class in the supplemental application
  • adehainiadehaini Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    Hi everyone I know this isnt the best place but I was trying to see if anyone is looking for a roomate. Trying to live off campus 2 bedroom. I will have my own and looking for 1 or 2 others to take the other bedroom.
  • BurntT0astBurntT0ast Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I meant I am on conditional admit. It is not a class that I need to take, but conditional admit is based on what you report on the supplemental application, and I am worried that the class I want to drop may have had an impact on my admission? it really is not needed, but I do not know if it will affect their final decision
  • KryingKKryingK Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    I got accepted to UCSD but accepted my offer at CSULB can i withdraw it ?
  • ncamp1234ncamp1234 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    @KryingK the $150 is non refundable if that’s what you meant, but of course you can always withdraw/deny the acceptance and not attend! :)
  • nat2570nat2570 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    Has anyone applied for beachside housing?
  • simbaa.hsimbaa.h Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Hello, I turned my transcripts end at the last week of March, but my portal still says my transcripts are initiated. Should I accept my conditional offer or wait it out?
  • simbaa.hsimbaa.h Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Mine too. Did it get cleared already?
  • SoCalx83SoCalx83 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Welp...I'm late to this but oh well.
    Decision: Application redirected to CSU Bakersfield...so basically rejected
    Major: Communications (and Poli Sci)
    GPA: 3.80
    IGETC: Done
    AA-T: No
    Prereqs: Finishing last one this spring
    Applied: CSULB, UCD, UCSB, UCLA, UCB
    Accepted: UCSB, UCD, UCB
    Rejected: UCLA, now CSULB (oh well)

From SoCal, worked really hard. Finishing with 4 Associates thankfully.

Will be attending Berkeley, majoring in Poli Sci(focusing on international relations) and Media Studies/Comm. Will probably pursue a minor. I'd like to work in PR and maybe work in international business. Wish me luck guys! LB is great, have fun guys!
  • miacglmiacgl Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    Just accepted my offer to CSULB. Transcripts still pending tho. I applied as an Animation major but they placed me in the Studio Art major. If I end up transferring there I will apply to the animation program again.
  • birsenbirsen Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2018
    Accepted!

Major: Civil Engineering
    GPA: 3.4
    AA-T: no
    Major Pre-req: Completed
    Golden Four: Completed. A,A,A,A
    Local: No, SMC