Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

• anyoneelseanyoneelse Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    So we're all just waiting.....wishing everyone get accepted in their main uni. good luck everyone!!!
  • RichardBIVRichardBIV Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    edited September 2018
    Pretty surprised how dead this thread is still. Judging by all the previous spring semesters like last years, people will start posting within the next 2 weeks.

You can get time frame estimates when people started receiving their acceptances and denials (that'll keep you occupied:) ) from this past spring by looking at a "spring transfer thread of 2018" by using this link: https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/california-state-university-long-beach/2013994-csulb-spring-2018-transfer-thread-p1.html
  • FinApplicantFinApplicant Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Funny you mention that because I thought the exact thing. While perusing that thread I got some valuable information. Good lookin out.
    @FinApplicant Yeah, I think when supp application closes - people will start posting as that will be the final stage.

I looked over other years spring transfers and seem that we will start seeing responses from CSULB as early as October 1st.

I've been through this last year and was accepted for the fall, but the feeling is still as the first timer :)
    @RichardBIV For sure...what date did you get accepted? and what is your primary school you hope to get into?
    edited September 2018
    @FinApplicant I am really getting torn apart between Fullerton and Long Beach for business honestly, so my primary picks are CSULB & CSUF. I am kinda hoping now that one doesn’t accept me lol, so I will end up picking the one I was accepted. But, I know that there shouldn’t be any problems of getting into both of them especially that my stats went up a bit.

Fullerton’s business is more known and actually ranked better nationally, but I just don’t like the area...

I got accepted in March for this fall.

Another thing is the “Business Statistics course” requirement at Long Beach vs Fullerton. I heard that this class is very difficult from A students with 4.0 GPA... The class is at Long Beach but not Fullerton as a requirement. I hated stats and this is like another level of them and to sweeten it - seems that only one professor is teaching it every semster
  • csuu2k18csuu2k18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Major: Mgmt Info Systems BS
    GPA: 3.09 w/ AA-T 3.19
    AA-T/AS-T: Yes
    Pre-reqs: Complete but just didnt complete calc
    Golden 4: Finished C,A,C,B
    Local Area: Not local, LA County

Im praying I get in!! I applied for fall with a 2.85 and did not get accepted and I'm hoping for the best this time around, good luck to everyone. We should be expecting decisions the first week of October so its coming.
    @csuu2k18 are you in progress with calc this semester?
  • csuu2k18csuu2k18 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    No Im not in progress. I was told as long as i earned my AA I wouldn't have any problems with that but who knows.
    @csuu2k18 Got it. I was actually in the same boat with business calc last semester for the fall and they gave me provisional acceptance until I complete the course.

Since you have the AA, you should be better, but expect to get provisional acceptance first though.
    @RichardBIV Thanks for the insight ! I was just accepted into Fullerton as of 9/20 but I feel as though I'm in the same boat as you...the outcome is yet to be seen based on what Long Beach offers. I will field other options as well (Chico, SJSU). I still need to visit Chico, Fullerton, and Long Beach to get a sense of the area/community as well as the campus of course.
  • anyoneelseanyoneelse Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    edited September 2018
    @FinApplicant congratulation!!! hopefully we all hear from csulb soon
  • tvobsessedtvobsessed Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Good luck to everyone! I’m getting so anxious! I just got accepted into CSUF, which is great, but CSULB is really my top choice.

Major: Film
    GPA: 3.25
    Pre reqs: Done
    Golden 4: Done
    AA-T/AS-T: None
    Local? No. Local to CSUF

I think we might be seeing something by end of this week
  • itsjamesshunitsjamesshun Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Major: Finance
    GPA: 3.29 (will rise to 3.3+ by end of this semester bcos I saved the easy classes for last lol)
    PreReqs: Finishing accounting 1B by fall 2018
    Golden 4: A,A,C,IP
    AA-T/AS-T: Fall 2018
    Local?: Nope, my CC was PCC

I also applied to CPP. Good luck everyone!! :)