Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

• lbcsoclbcsoc Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Accepted!

Major: sociology
    GPA: 3.57
    AA-T: yes (fall 2018)
    Pre-reqs: yes, complete
    Golden 4: A, A, A, A
    Local area: no

I am undecided about holding out and applying for social work Fall 2019
  • RichardBIVRichardBIV Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    @lbcsoc Do you really want to wait another year ? :)
    edited October 2018
    @Albertv24 Congratulations! Give it some time, I remember it took me few days until I was able to access it.

The portal to find your admission has almost always been the first place to check for your admission decision from previous years in posts, then follows email within few days.
  • FinApplicantFinApplicant Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I'm glad I decided to check this thread for updates otherwise I may have just waited for an email...Either way, I was accepted today! Pretty stoked and ready to visit the campus and make an ultimate decision...Been accepted by Fullerton, waiting on SJSU and Chico to weigh my final decision. Congratulations all and good luck this coming semester.
  • DaexterDaexter Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    anyone here a second bachelor's applicant and has received a response?
  • elaina444elaina444 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I checked the Applicant Self Service and I'm on the waitlist :( Anyone majoring in Accounting been accepted yet?

Major: Accounting
    GPA: 3.46
    AA-T: In Progress - to complete Fall 2018
    Pre-reqs: This semester I'm taking Cis 111 and Math 120
    Golden 4: A, A, A, A
    Local area: No - OC
  • Yuv12345Yuv12345 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    do you see if you got accepted in the portal or once you get into the portal you need to click send to send yourself the status?
  • FinApplicantFinApplicant Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    So the way I found out was what @RichardBIV suggested earlier in the thread which was to check in the self-service applicant center. After submitting my information it said,

"Congratulations! You have been offered admission to CSULB. If you wish to accept our offer, you must submit the requested confirmation documents by the deadline. Please see the notice we sent you for details on the process and the required documents. As an admitted student, you have been granted access to your detailed admission and financial aid information via the MyCSULB portal. Click 'GO' below to navigate to MyCSULB to access these services. Note that first time MyCSULB users will need to activate their account."

I didn't need to send myself a detailed description of what I saw simply because it was posted right in the applicant center...hope this helps pal.
    yes thank you!
    so no decision yet for me:/ hopefully it doesn't say anything
    edited October 2018
    @elaina444 hmm this is strange, I believe the accounting and finance is similar and wonder why they placed you on the waitlist.

Im also from OC, our GPA is not much different.

It is still better than denial! There’s still a chance that you will get in and know that there will be hundreds of students that will not attend Long Beach which then passes to waitlisters.

When I applied in spring, I still had that business calc not finished as well and they gave me conditional acceptance until I complete it. Took it in summer with political science (it was hell for 8 weeks) and now only have one more history that starts next week.

Keep your hopes up because you are competitive with GPA like that and the only reason I believe they put you on the waitlist is because of business calc as many people have trouble with it.

Otherwise that’s intense and the cutoff would be pretty high like 3.5 GPA this spring which will really make this school harder and harder to get in or become elite.

Keep us posted please
  • graceful311graceful311 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I was accepted today!!!! I can’t believe it. OMG! Last semester I was denied. It was so worth waiting and trying again. Great luck everyone!!!
  • lbcsoclbcsoc Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2018
    @RichardBIV That is my biggest question. I ask myself every day :-?
  • anyoneelseanyoneelse Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    edited October 2018
    yallllllllll I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! tooooooooo omg this really big cuz I got waitlisted then denied for the fall hopefully all of you waiting for the decision make it, congrats to everyone getting accepted, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!
  • tvobsessedtvobsessed Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Just got accepted into the film program! So excited! Good luck to everyone!