Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

• frankg12frankg12 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I got accepted into Health Science!

But I also got accepted to CSUF two weeks ago and I've made my decision to attend CSUF. Good luck to everyone whose still waiting and to those who are going to be attending CSULB. I hope when I decline their offer that they choose one of you whose on the waitlist!
  • itsjamesshunitsjamesshun Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey everybody I got accepted! :D Congrats to everybody who got in! @RichardBIV thanks for making the forum and congrats :)

Major: Finance
    GPA: 3.29 (will rise to 3.3+ by end of this semester bcos I saved the easy classes for last lol)
    PreReqs: Finishing accounting 1B by fall 2018
    Golden 4: A,A,C,IP
    AA-T/AS-T: Fall 2018
    Local?: Nope, my CC was PCC

Application Status:
    You are offered admission subject to confirmation
    Congratulations! You have been offered admission to CSULB. If you wish to accept our offer, you must submit the requested confirmation documents by the deadline. Please see the notice we sent you for details on the process and the required documents. As an admitted student, you have been granted access to your detailed admission and financial aid information via the MyCSULB portal. Click 'GO' below to navigate to MyCSULB to access these services. Note that first time MyCSULB users will need to activate their account.
  • RichardBIVRichardBIV Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    edited October 2018
    @itsjamesshun congratulations! \:D/
  • luka945luka945 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    got accepted to CSUCI still waiting for CSULB

Major: Computer Science
    GPA: 3.17
    AA-T/AS-T?: No
    Pre-reqs: Complete
    Golden 4: Finished, A,B,B,C
    Local Area? No
  • Yuv12345Yuv12345 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I also didn't get an answer from CSULB and also computer science major
  • elaina444elaina444 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    @RichardBIV Thank you for the encouraging words. CSULB is my back up if CSUF doesn't accept me.
    I took Bus Calc this summer too and received a B. I'm only taking Math 120 (Stats) at FullColl because it's a requirement for CSULB, pretty bummed about it but it seems easygoing so far.

I'm wondering if I'm waitlisted because I didn't take the recommended history course required by CSULB, nor have I taken the Phil 120 (Ethics) course recommended on Assist.org (My counselor suggested I take it when I get accepted to CSULB).
  • RaymondAlvaradoHRaymondAlvaradoH Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    Accepted !!! Sociology major
    3.1 GPA before gpa boost
    Completed honors program at RCC
    edited October 2018
    @elaina444 I believe it was mostly because of the required ethics and stats.

Since the school is really impacted, especially as non local, they want you to complete majority if not all.

I didn’t have neither two of the histories even in progress my last fall and still got in with a record applicants for this fall of 102,000, so I don’t think it was based off of the recommended.

At least you got into your primary, so not much to really worry about.
  • TMan47TMan47 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2018
    ACCEPTED!

My stats:

Major: Computer Science
    GPA: 2.77
    AA-T/AS-T: Yes
    Pre-reqs: Completed everything and most recommended stuff
    Golden 4: Done
    Local Area: Not local, LA County

Was not expecting to get in. I am a veteran and I think this might have helped me. From what I understand this is a pretty good school? Does anyone know its reputation for CS? Thanks and good luck everyone.
  • Edgargui23Edgargui23 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm on the waitlist for CSULB. This is very hard for me to accept because I'm a local. I was told by admissions to submit my transcripts so I can remain on the waitlist. Does anyone know something I don't know? The minimum GPA to be considered for the program is 2.5

Major: Electrical Engineering
    ADT: No
    GPA: 3.1
    Golden 4: A,B,B,B
    Local: Yes
    Pre-reqs: Done
  • justinmega1justinmega1 Registered User Posts: 176 Junior Member
    @TMan47 also wondering about this. How do CSULB and CSUF compare in computer science? And is a school like UCI so much better in CS that its worth it to wait for the fall(TAG guarantee)? I honestly just want to be done and start making that cash!
    edited October 2018
    Wanted to throw this out here and see maybe somebody might be interested.

I am currently in OC and planning on moving closer to Long Beach area like Huntington and up and looking for a room if somebody has opening up? or anybody interested in finding a place all together?
  • Yuv12345Yuv12345 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I didn’t get any answer yet..

Major: CS
    ADT: No
    GPA:3.29
    Golden 4: A,A,A,C
    International transfer student from SMC
    Pre-req:done
  • CJmajorrrCJmajorrr Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    ACCEPTED!
    CJ major 3.3 GPA
  • RaymondAlvaradoHRaymondAlvaradoH Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member