Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB Spring 2019 Transfer Thread

• RichardBIVRichardBIV Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    Congratulations to everyone who got accepted.

To those who haven’t yet, know that that was just first wave so-called. Don’t give up yet, the acceptances will still be getting sent out for at least another few weeks.
  • celinal12celinal12 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone know for aa/as transfer verification is it verified by your official transcript or do you have to get that from your community college?
  • itsjamesshunitsjamesshun Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @celinal12 my transfer verification was attached to my complete request/graduation petition that was signed off by a college counselor.
  • celinal12celinal12 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm confused what if I graduated this past June though?
    edited October 2018
    I called my community college and they said that they will send verification of degree electronically after my request. So, ask community college you got the degree from on how to go about this

If it doesn’t clear on the site in few weeks, I will have to figure out other way.

Has anybody else signed up for November 4th writing test? (Deadline is October 12th for the November 4th one)
  • FinApplicantFinApplicant Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    What is this writing test you speak of? @RichardBIV
    edited October 2018
    'Preciate that!
    I need to submit a verification of my ADT, but here's the deal: they've already requested a transcript from one of the colleges I attended, this college happens to be where I already received my ADT (June of this year). When I look at my unofficial transcript from this college right at the top it confirms this by saying I earned my ADT. I'm assuming this would also be at the top of the official transcript. You all think I need to send any more verification's or confirmations?
    edited October 2018
    @FinApplicant Why don’t you confirm with both schools, first call your community college and ask about submitting ADT proof (that’s what I did) and they knew exactly what to do.

You don’t want to be unsure about this, then to find out the bad way
  • anyoneelseanyoneelse Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    @RichardBIV We're doing the GPE in our first semester in CSULB not before we transfer that's what the advisor told me :)
    edited October 2018
    @anyoneelse Hmm, when I when to transfer advisor for the fall transfer this year, she highly recommended to take the GPE before the SOAR for appropriate placement.

Its actually says that on their site as well: "Transfer students must take the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement Placement Exam (GPE) no later than their first semester at CSULB. We strongly encourage you to take the exam one month prior to attending SOAR orientation. This will assure that you are placed in the correct sequence of classes when you register during SOAR orientation."

Im sure its fine whenever you take it, as long as it is done before the first semester ends
    @RichardBIV yeah that's weird cuz I asked because I was concerned about taking it before transfer, right now I'm kinda confused...guess I'll have to sign up for it.
  • rb8991rb8991 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Hey Everyone!

I got accepted fall 2018 for criminal justice so I just wanted to clear some things up for you guys.

1) Typically you can't sign in to the single sign-on until you get the official acceptance email.

2) The GPE can be taken before or after SOAR. I took it last month (one month into the fall semester), which was fine. They just want you to have your grade back before the second semester starts so you can pick your classes accordingly.

3) This school was my second choice, but I'm loving it here. I don't think it's the prettiest campus out of all of the CSU's, but I think that the people that go here are great! I've made a ton of friends already and everyone is really nice.

If you guys have any questions, let me know!
    @rb8991 how hard was the GPE, and did you get a chance to enroll in your major's courses or were they mostly full/closed????