Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB FALL 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB FALL 2019 Transfer Thread

• lulu1115lulu1115 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    edited March 21
    @ggdcal @rb8991 What exactly is soar i mean besides an orientation?
    @StudentAgain You should call the school and ask. Maybe they just lost your transcripts? Do you have the pre-requirements done? Do you have some lower division done? If you have at least 60 transferable units, prereqs, and some lower division done already I think you should be fine. Maybe it was a mistake when they rescinded?. :/
  • StudentAgainStudentAgain Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    @lulu1115 Hey, thanks for your concern. I had just left a message regarding my portal and I think their response was the email where they informed me my offer was rescinded. It's all good. I'm honestly out of energy to appeal their decision. I'll just wait for the UC's and if not then I'll go to CSULA.
  • ggdcalggdcal Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @lulu1115 SOAR is student orientation, advising, and registration! The dates for SOAR depend on your major, but there's a deadline to sign up for SOAR. There's an online portion as well as an in person portion. http://web.csulb.edu/divisions/students/soar/workshop/transfer.htm
  • muzzlesmuzzles Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    @ggdcal @rb8991 Hello, I have a question as well. I still don't know if I want to go to CSULB, should I still sign up for SOAR? Can I even sign up for SOAR without officially accepting admission?
    I also have a general question for all of you. I was accepted to CSULB and CSULA. Being accepted to CSULB was a miracle for me, so I'm scared that my admission will be rescinded in June. Can I accept admission to both schools just in case, and then cancel the one I don't want later?
    @StudentAgain nice profile pic lol
  • dogrunner1dogrunner1 Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
    @muzzles you can but you will lose your deposit to whichever school you decide not to attend.
    @muzzles lol you too!
    @muzzles lol you too!
    @dogrunner1 I'll take my chances with the deposit, I just want to make sure at least one school accepts me, thanks!

Do you know how rejecting an offer I accepted works? Would I just call?
  • dogrunner1dogrunner1 Registered User Posts: 149 Junior Member
    @muzzles from what I understand emailing or calling are ok.
  • adreezybonesadreezybones Registered User Posts: 264 Junior Member
    @muzzles I’m pretty sure I’ve read somewhere that you could only SIR to ONE school and only one. Should you change your mind and wish to SIR at a different school, you’d have to notify the school you SIRd that you are withdrawing your SIR. But you’ll end up losing your SIR deposit in the process.
  • ggdcalggdcal Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @muzzles Hi there! I believe the steps in order to sign up for SOAR, is to fully accept the admission at CSULB. Since it's targeted towards people who are planning for registration and enrollment!
    I'm unsure about accepting to more than one college at the same time, but I know deposits are only to keep the student secure after the deposit, but you withdrawal from one, then your deposit stays with them.
    I'd say to call and double check, since they know more!
    lol @muzzles I was thinking the same thing I'm not sure between Long Beach or Fullerton anymore. I got into both, but Fullerton has an orientation day coming up it's just to check the school out and talk to your major department. You don't necessarily have to accept admission when doing it. However, I think with Long Beach only once you accept admission can you sign up. I'm not sure where I want to go yet, but I was surprised to even get into Long Beach as well. I have a fear if I don't pass my Bio241 class I'm in right now, or if I drop it they will rescind my acceptance. Its the last lower division class, so I don't think they will since its not a prereq but just the fear of the unknown is scaring me haha. Fullerton wasn't even something I thought about before I was just set on Long Beach, and now I'm kind of liking their school too so I'm undecided. You have until May 1st, so you could wait a little longer to send the deposit. What school are you leaning towards more? CSULA, OR CSULB? Also, do you have all your prereqs done? If so I bet you will be fine and it shouldn't get rescinded why do you think it will? :/