Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CSULB FALL 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: CSULB FALL 2019 Transfer Thread

• muzzlesmuzzles Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    @adreezybones Dang it, thanks for the information! I'll call to make sure. I'm really hoping that's not the case.

@ggdcal Okay, thanks! I thought that would be the case. I'll probably enroll over spring break then, I don't want to miss my SOAR spot.

@lulu1115 Wow, you're still active here! Congrats on Fullerton by the way, I've been reading on the forums that it's a really good school! It's a really good feeling being accepted to nice schools when you least expect it.

I know I can wait longer to send my deposit, but I want to sign up for classes ASAP with CSULB so I don't get stuck with a bad professor. That's why I'm worried.

I'm definitely more interested in CSULB. The location is beautiful, rent is cheaper, and the school has a great reputation. I'm tired of living in LA lol. I really just want to go to university though, I don't want to be stuck in CC for another semester.

In terms of prereq, I'm not as lucky as you unfortunately. I'm finishing three prereqs this semester: Calculus I, Public Speaking, and Statistics. Public Speaking is easy, but I'm worried for Stats and Calc. I already failed my first Stats test and my professor for Calc went AWOL in the middle of the semester, so I'm being very pessimistic right now. I'm not local, so I need to finish these classes no matter what. Super, super scared right now.

Good luck with BIO 241! I would call CSULB ASAP and just drop if they let you. You don't need more stress lol. Sorry for writing too much :(
  • adreezybonesadreezybones Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    @muzzles just weigh out your options for the mean time. Check schools out in person if you can during this time. Deadline for SIR is still like more than a month away. Deadline for SOAR sign up is June 1st as listed on CSULB website and SOAR for transfers won’t be until mid-July.
  • dyjudy94dyjudy94 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone got the result from interior design major.?
  • ggdcalggdcal Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @muzzles I'd definitely say to have your choice by mid April, since the deadline to accept is May 1st, so that gives you time to see if you need to turn in any documents or financial aid info for the chosen school!
    I've heard to be rescinded an acceptance, you'd have to fail a class, or get lower than a C, in one class. I'm not 100% sure on that though, but basically maintain your GPA then you should be fine!
  • ggdcalggdcal Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    @muzzles To regards on your current classes on whether or not you're going to fail or not, always try your best and if the outcome isn't up to your standards, just know you tried your best and you can't change the past. Concentrate on your present time and focus on preparing for the last few exams you have for the classes you're taking, and then mid April, you can see how you're feeling on what college you want to enroll in! From your posts, I think your GPA is relatively high up there, so you should be fine!
    It helps if you calculate what you need to get on your next exams/projects/homework, and check if extra credit is given, so then it'll prepare you on what to aim for!
  • ejccjeejccje Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anybody gotten their admission decision for Social Work yet?
  • transfer2019stutransfer2019stu Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Hi @muzzles ! Congrats on your acceptance. I don't know if this applies to CSUs but I learned from a UC rep that if you send a SIR/deposit to multiple UCs, you could get your acceptance rescinded from both. Just something to look into.
  • TheNiloTheNilo Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Do we take the GWAR test before or after the soar?
  • TheNiloTheNilo Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Also, @rb9109 since the SOAR dates is in July, does that mean transfer students has like the last priority to register for classes? I've heard that continuing students can register for classes in mid april.
  • IvetttsIvettts Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 25
    @ejccje I haven't yet. When did you turn in your packet to the School of Social Work?
    I already got accepted to CSU Los Angles, Fullerton (for Sociology) , and Poly. But no word from long beach. Im still waiting for Long Beach hopefully I get accepted and pass my Bio 210 class.
  • telepethicstelepethics Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Anyone get through to Enrollment Services? They’re not picking up! 😫
  • adreezybonesadreezybones Registered User Posts: 272 Junior Member
    @telepethics was calling at 9am and nada. I was calling because I got a final notice about my international transcript that they were asking for. I turned them in March 5th with Intl Admissions as I was instructed to.

I was able to reach international admissions department earlier today.
  • firefox952firefox952 Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    They also sent me an email saying that my CSU CHICO transcript is still outstanding, but according to the national student clearinghouse tracking number they gave me when I paid for them to be sent, they were sent out March 1st. I’m hoping it’s an error on their part that they haven’t gotten them yet or might’ve misplaced it.
  • rb8991rb8991 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    edited March 26
    sorry everyone for the late reply.

@muzzles You need to accept your offer before signing up for SOAR. Also, why would your admission be rescinded?

@TheNilo Either or, take it beforehand if you want to start one class sooner. (You'd need to take it at least 6-8 weeks BEFORE SOAR to know your results to be able to sign up for a certain class). And yes, transfer students have the last pick at classes. Registration starts April 8th for certain people and then it continues for about 2 weeks, then about a month later we have round two, where we can pick more classes if we want. Transfer students get the last pick at classes, so you will have some mediocre professors your first semester.

@telepethics try calling around 2-4. Usually it's pretty slow during that time.

ALSO, here's a rundown of what you'll do at SOAR:

It starts at 8am and you'll all meet in front of Brotman Hall. You then sign in and then everyone walks to the Business Lecture Hall and listen to a few people talk (including the president of the school). You'll then split up in groups based on your college (for example, nursing, criminal justice, sociology, etc.). You'll walk around campus and see where you'll be taking the majority of your classes. Then you'll go to lunch (THEY PROVIDE IT). After lunch, you'll go play some school-related games or learn about internships or jobs on campus (you pick!). Then after that, you'll go to another lecture hall based on your major and listen to the dean of that department speak. After that, you'll go to a building nearby to sign up for classes. It's an absolute MADHOUSE, so make sure you look over the schedule a few days in advance and have a couple of schedules planned out, because classes go quickly! AND BRING YOUR LAPTOP. If you don't bring your laptop, you will be the last group to pick classes. After that, you'll be free to leave (typically around 1-2pm).

• muzzlesmuzzles Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Hello everyone! School has been getting very challenging so I'm not active either.

@rb8991 @adreezybones @transfer2019stu thanks for the information you guys! I'll just accept admission at CSULB after I get my financial award and cross my fingers. Also thank you for the SOAR information.

@rb8991 The reason why I think I'll get rescinded is because I'm having a hard time in two required courses for CSULB; I might fail. I don't need to finish those classes for CSULA, so I'm really risking accepting CSULB's offer.
    SOAR sounds like so much fun by the way, but why is at eight in morning?! It's going to be nightmare taking the train from LA. Do you know if parents come or can come? One last question, should I meet with a counselor before SOAR so I know what classes to sign up for?

@ggdcal thanks for the advice, I really needed that! I'll wait until mid-April like you said and see where my grade is at.