Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance transfer student - CSULB BASW

santana123santana123 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I’m applying to transfer to CSULB as a Social Work major. I am not a local applicant as I live in Orange County. My gpa is 3.21 with all requirements met already. I volunteer at the OC LGBT center and worked as a program leader at a daycare center. I still need two letters of reference, one of which I am getting from my former professor (a former case manager) and my current job. I also need my autobiographical statement which I feel can really improve my chances.

Replies to: Chance transfer student - CSULB BASW

• lbcsoclbcsoc Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Did you end up getting your application in? I applied also, I just transferred to CSULB this semester as a sociology major, but I'm hoping to switch to social work in the fall if I get accepted. I have a 3.606 GPA, AA in Sociology, volunteer experience as a breastfeeding counselor, elementary mentor and professional experience serving students with disabilities. Good luck to us both!