Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Some things need to be said about CSULB admission team...

Lifeis14567Lifeis14567 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
I applied to 15 schools and witnessed friends going through the process as well, and CSULB has the most disorganized admission team I've ever seen.

During the wait for a decision and sending out requested documents, the college counselor assigned to me never responded to my emails and I've tried calling admissions more times than I can count, no one ever picked up. So I was forced to use CSULB self applicant service system. Don't get me wrong, I think in theory, the self applicant service system is genius: being able to see only with a few clicks the status of your application and if you are missing any documents. However, it does not work! So many of the times where I requested to see my status, I didn't receive an email. The times when it did work, it always said that no documents were missing. Yet, mid-February, when everyone was getting their decisions, I got an email saying that my transcript was missing. But I did send it and even emailed my counselor saying I did. Surprise surprise, she never responded. So now, we are in mid-March, I applied November 30th, and I still don't have a decision from CSULB.

I am extremely disappointed with their admissions department disorganization and lack of interest to the point where I deeply regret having applied and even if accepted, will not be attending.

Note: I know my experience alone does not define the school and I am sure it has its qualities. I am posting this because back in November I wish I would have read something like this.