right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Lily Wuerth got into UC Berkeley, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Rice, USC, etc. She decided to attend Georgia Tech, where she will be majoring in chemical engineering. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Class of 2024

Replies to: Class of 2024

• GregmacdGregmacd 216 replies19 threads Junior Member
    edited February 19
    My D just got waitlisted at CSULB, but was accepted yesterday for Biological Sciences at CSUF. So it's all good.
    CSU GPA 3.59
    SAT 1110
    EI 3982
    In-state, non-local
    edited February 19
    · Reply · Share
  • jules0827jules0827 13 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter applied but said she does not have a portal for CSULB. Are acceptances sent via email or is there a portal she has to set up?
    · Reply · Share
  • MommaCatMommaCat 178 replies4 threads Junior Member
    @jules0827 There is an applicant self service that you can find on the admissions page. Once she puts in her info, she will either see a decision pop up or will be sent an email letting her know the status.
    · Reply · Share
  • PresumablyNotGOPresumablyNotGO 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Admitted to CSULB

CSU GPA: 4.3
    SAT: 1370
    EI: 4810
    Major: Pre-Mathematics
    · Reply · Share
  • binleberry4binleberry4 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Accepted yesterday 02/21! Music Ed Major, 3.7 GPA, 1200 SAT
    · Reply · Share
  • boba345boba345 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    accepted for CS
    · Reply · Share
  • Mom2EngineersMom2Engineers 109 replies5 threads Junior Member
    My son was admitted to engineering technology.

CSU GPA 3.2
    ACT 34
    Not local
    · Reply · Share
  • jpp206jpp206 46 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 28
    Just received an acceptance to CSULB. Application decision was delayed due to official transcript needed because of gap year.
    GPA: 3.69
    SAT :1510
    Non-Local
    4514 EI
    Pre-Earth Sciences
    edited February 28
    · Reply · Share
  • jpp206jpp206 46 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 28
    @ShrekSepticEye sorry for the late response somehow it didn’t show up in my feed or anything. I had an official transcript request because I took a gap year so I had all grades from 9-12 ready. I’m not sure why they sent you a mid-year report request to be honest.
    edited February 28
    · Reply · Share
  • jccinemajccinema 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Accepted on 2/7/2020!!
    GPA: 4.277
    SAT: 1110
    · Reply · Share
  • acb401acb401 2 replies0 threads New Member
    D-accepted 2/27
    Communications
    1210 SAT
    GPA 3.9
    · Reply · Share
    edited March 25
    So, who is planning to attend Long Beach? My D is going to submit her enrollment deposit today so she is ready to do the housing app when it opens.

Just trying to get some activity on this thread. I noticed they have already moved SOAR to online and virtual which is a bit disappointing but understandable.

Does anyone have suggestions on which dorm is the best for Freshmen? She said she joined the FB group but most people are looking for roommates for off-campus housing. So, she will probably just fill out the questionnaire and let LB do the roommate matching.
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
  • jules0827jules0827 13 replies0 threads New Member
    @MommaCat - My daughter was accepted. She is still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools. She's already decided against 2 schools she was accepted to. If she doesn't get accepted into the other 2 it will come down to CSULB and Sonoma State. What made her choose CSULB? We haven't really been there to tour. We only drove around the campus while we were in the area about a year ago.
    · Reply · Share
    @jules0827 Well, my D only applied to 5 schools and 3 were reaches. So, it came down to only 2 - CSUN or CSULB. She never visited CSUN and really applied to have a safety. I think the program she applied to (theatre) would be good for her. However, she does not think she would like the location as much.

She could not really explain why she loved Long Beach. We went there and did a self-tour and she just got that "feeling". She loved the theatre building and arts buildings even though I thought they had kind of a retro feeling. She also likes that it is near both a beach and a city as she loves both of those. She is an artsy person so she also likes that there is no football team and that it is not a "party school".

I hope this helps!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThemusicnerdThemusicnerd 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied and got into the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music! I found out today!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThemusicnerdThemusicnerd 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I am an Incoming Freshman for Music Education as well! I got accepted to the school of music first and then I found out that I got accepted into the school today! It took a while for them to get to my application. GIVE THEM A CALL! Thats what I did and I found out the next day!
    · Reply · Share
  • SoCalKelSoCalKel 28 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi @MommaCat. Daughter is deciding between SDSU & CSULB. She is a Physics major.

She went to an accepted student event for STEM majors in early March, before everything shut down. It was an early Saturday morning & campus was pretty deserted! It started coming alive/waking up when we self-toured near the dorms around noon.

Unfortunately didn't get to tour SDSU but hope to at least drive around the campus/area in April.

Whichever she decides, she'll dorm on campus.

Oh & despite her STEM major, she was very involved in her Drama dept & may minor in it or stay involved; CSULB is known for its excellent performing arts.
    · Reply · Share
    @SoCalKel That is great that there was a STEM day for accepted students and that you were able to go! I wish there was something like that for other majors.

We toured SDSU the summer before junior year. My husband and I were excited because we love football and thought it would be fun to go to games. But, it just wasn't a match for our D so she did not even apply. It seems like a great school and probably a bit more active than LB.

Good luck on making the choice and keep us posted!
    · Reply · Share
  • Cacaman22Cacaman22 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Lmao I got in with a 2.9
    · Reply · Share
  • hhawkins2002hhawkins2002 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone know what it means if you are accepted into Pre-computer science? Does that mean you are in the CS program or do they make you do two years of general ed before you do CS classes? any thoughts?
    · Reply · Share