Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Accepted cal state long beach class of 2014?

2»

Replies to: Accepted cal state long beach class of 2014?

• otc2010otc2010 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    This might be helpful in planning down the road.
    IR Enrollment Planning Reports
    Bottleneck courses for 2010
  • enigma19enigma19 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I just got accepted to Long Beach State but I am a transfer student. I started at a community college prior to transferring and I'm an Aerospace Engineering major with a 3.5 GPA. From my knowledge engineering isn't impacted at Long Beach. I was going to pursue a degree at Cal Poly Pomona but I had to wait an additional semester for that. Anyway, finishing on time will be hard. By the time I got to register, which was after their SOAR orientation, many classes were full and the ones that were available would overlap others. This will slow me down by at least one semester. I also did not know that there's upper division general ed which I have to complete too on top of two classes that did not transfer. I am two weeks away from my first day at Long Beach. It seems like a school that accepts a lot of students from the local community colleges (Long Beach City College has an agreement with them).
  • jimpaynejimpayne Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    I keep hearing that they got over 70k applicants a year for just a few thousand spots. With that admissions rate I don't understand why the average SAT score at CSULB is just 1026 which is just about the national average. Any insights? Are they selective?

California State University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • The Power of OneThe Power of One Registered User Posts: 613 Member
    CSULB got that high of an amount of applicants because it's a nice affordable option for many people who can't afford UC or private school tuition. The CSU system was made so that each of the 23 campuses could take in students in their city/service area. With a minimum GPA of 2.0 to apply, each CSU is "required" to accept those students in their service area who meet this requirement. As a result, the average GPA and SAT scores (tend to correlate with each other) of those who matriculate are usually lower, and thus so is selectivity. The rest of the spots are given to those outside the service area, and these students that do get accepted tend have higher stats than those inside the service area since these spots are few in number.
2»
This discussion has been closed.