Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

FALL 2014 Transfers

Any transfers out there apply for fall 2014 admissions at CSULA? Has anyone heard anything at all from the university?

Replies to: FALL 2014 Transfers

• kyokolocokyokoloco Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    i am, and i heard i was admitted back in december right before christmas. i also live 15 minutes away, are you not in their prime area? because now they do local students first. have you made your eagleid and all that?
  • sunshinetransfersunshinetransfer Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    No I'm out in the Inland Empire, about an hour away. I made my EagleID back in the fall but I haven't heard anything else from them.I will probably call someone tomorrow. DECEMBER?! congratulations! What's your major?
  • x2xcmcx2xx2xcmcx2x Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I just received this email this morning. I live in New York btw.

Your admission application indicates that you completed the majority of your college units at a non-local community college/university. Given the limited number of spaces, each qualified non-local applicant will be reviewed and ranked based on their academic record. In order to provide all non-local applicants with equal consideration, the University is unable to make admission decisions until after all applicants are reviewed.
    Cal State L.A. will begin notifying non-local applicants of their admission statuses in March 2014. Once a decision is reached regarding your admission, the University will notify you via email.
    so maybe its because youre not in their prime area. my major is communicative disorders. you?
    My major is Communication
    Whoop Whoop!!! Got accepted today. I am a upper division out of state transfer from New York. Communication major
    cool! have you been to california?
    @kyokoloco yes, i went there last year for a weekend and fell in love with it!!!
  • uclammguclammg Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    Yes, I received admission in December. I'm also a transfer.
This discussion has been closed.