I was accepted into the Rutgers (in-state) and UCLA engineering programs and I am planning on studying environmental engineering. I know that UCLA is much more prestigious than Rutgers', though Rutgers has a pretty good program too. I would not have to take any loans out for Rutgers, but would have to take out about $70,000 (total of 4 years) for UCLA. Is the difference in prestige worth the amount of loans to go to UCLA?
- I want to do environmental engineering work in CA eventually (where they employ the most environmental engineers and have the highest salary)
- I don't plan on going to graduate school
- I want to study abroad if possible (idk if this has relevance lol)
- Love the UCLA campus and weather, though I know Rutgers is building up a lot
- Any opinions/info on environmental engineering employment or the major in general?
I also posted this in the Rutgers forum.