Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Any Canadians out there applying to Brown PLME?

RainbowSprinklesRainbowSprinkles Registered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
edited December 2010 in Canada
I know I am!
Post edited by RainbowSprinkles on

Replies to: Any Canadians out there applying to Brown PLME?

• ViggyRamViggyRam - Posts: 2,216 Senior Member
    When's the deadline? I don't think I can because I'll only have my Math II done on Dec. 4th and I'm taking Chem in January. Anyways, PLME is too competitive for me. Those kids have been planning their lives since gr.8.
  • RainbowSprinklesRainbowSprinkles Registered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    Brown accepts January as the last testing date, even though the deadline is Jan 1! It won't be too late-you should apply like me
    How many sat ii do u need?
    Cornell's website says you should have all testings done by the deadline, but lots of CCers have sent in January SAT II scores and got in, so I'm assuming that it's okay to do that. Anyway, Cornell doesn't allow score choice so you just have to send in all scores anyway!

"Standardized Tests
    All applicants should submit either the SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT with Writing. In addition, each undergraduate college/school has specific requirements for the SAT Subject Tests (see requirements below). It is your responsibility to make sure that you have taken the appropriate Subject Tests and have the scores officially reported to Cornell from the testing agency by the application deadline. Please note that Cornell requires students to submit all scores from tests taken and does not participate in the College Board’s Score Choice."

SAT Subject Test requirements vary by college. Check here for what you need: http://admissions.cornell.edu/forms/FreshmanRequirementsChart.pdf

"SAT Subject Test Requirements by College
    Agriculture and Life Sciences: a science and mathematics (any level) are recommended, but not required
    Architecture, Art, and Planning: architecture only - mathematics (any level)
    Arts and Sciences: two subjects of your choice
    Engineering: mathematics (any level) and a science
    Hotel Administration: mathematics (any level)
    Human Ecology: mathematics (any level) and one subject of your choice
    Industrial and Labor Relations: mathematics (any level); ACT test takers exempt from Subject Test requirement"

The link provides more detail, though.
    Why did you pos cornell stuff? I was asking about brown plme.
    OMG oops! Someone asked me on a different thread about Cornell! MY BAD! I thought you were someone else/this was a different thread.

"SAT Reasoning Test and SAT Subject Tests; ACT
    Brown requires every applicant for admission to Brown in 2009-2010 to submit results of either the SAT Reasoning Test and any two SAT Subject Tests (except for the SAT Writing Test), or the ACT taken with the Writing Test option. (Note: prior to March, 2005, the SAT Reasoning Test was known as the SAT I and the SAT Subject Tests were known as the SAT II.)"

So, you need TWO, but the good news is that you can still take tests in January: http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Admission/applyingtobrown/importantdates.html

look at the RD column
    Awesome, thanks. If I have time I'll go ahead with PLME. It might be good experience if I get to the interview stage.
    Does everyone get interviews?
    I don't think so. If I do get one it would be goodexperience.

What about recs? Do we need them for plme? I can't find anything on the site about them. Are the recs on the common app allthey need?
    Also where can I find a list of all the requirements for plme? I can't find a thing. Is there a link that has a checklist or something?
    I think so.
    ^what do you mean ? I need separate recs for plme or that there is a link? Like do we need recs on top of the common app ones?

If u have a link could you post it please?
    I don't think you need extra recs for PLME because no one on CC has ever said anything about it. There's no link from Brown.
    So could you link me to the plme app? I honestly can't find anything I think I fail at googling ! Like what are the essays + part to talk about med ecs etc? Don't they have anything?
    lol! COMMON APP is the answer to ALL your problems (: did you make an account?
This discussion has been closed.