Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ask-A-Laureate lecture at U of T

happysunnyshinehappysunnyshine Registered User Posts: 1,202 Member
edited March 2011 in Canada
Are any of you going? Could any CCer who went to the lecture share your experience?
Post edited by happysunnyshine on

Replies to: Ask-A-Laureate lecture at U of T

• asdf098asdf098 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I'm going. Do you know how they selected people to get invitations? I'm the only one of my friends who got invited...
  • happysunnyshinehappysunnyshine Registered User Posts: 1,202 Member
    ^I have no idea.
  • asdf098asdf098 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Did you get early admission to U of T? Are you in the Mentorship program? Maybe it's because of one of those, 'cause both of them apply to me. No idea. Anyway it sounds like a pretty cool event so I'm looking forward to it. Too bad it's right in the middle of AP exams, though :/
  • JahbbyJahbby Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn't get early admission and I got invited to it. I don't have the best grades either. I assumed it was a mass email to everyone who applied to Arts & Science. No use for me though considering I live in Winnipeg. Did everyone else who got the email have the first email say "Dear Nicola" instead of your real name? Mine did, they sent me a correction email later though. haha.
This discussion has been closed.