Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Question about Canadian application

IkemefunaIkemefuna Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited September 2013 in Canada
I want to apply to University of Waterloo. I have been a michigan resident since about 5th grade but I am still only a Canadian citizen. Do I fill out the application for International students?

Also how much do Canadian schools care about standardized testing scores?
Post edited by Ikemefuna on

Replies to: Question about Canadian application

  • Sapper1815Sapper1815 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    On Ontario Universities' Application Centre you fill out Form 105, which is for everyone except Ontario high school students. Waterloo requires SAT or ACT for US high school applicants.
  • NamelesStatisticNamelesStatistic Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    Since you are in a us highschool you are a us applicant for admission purposes, which means you have to submit the ACT or SAT. However since you are a Canadian citizen, you would only pay Canadian fees and be considered a domestic student if you are accepted. Canadin universities care about test scores and gpa, that's it. No ECs or essay considered, except for getting in off the waitlist (UBC is the exception).
This discussion has been closed.