Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Visa rejected for University of Waterloo for Computer Science.

HussainkestrelHussainkestrel Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
A few documents were missing because of which my study permit got rejected. Should defer it to the winter term and reapply for the permit? My second option is FAST National University in Pakistan.

Replies to: Visa rejected for University of Waterloo for Computer Science.

• International95International95 Registered User Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, defer enrollment and reapply for the permit; while I'm sure FAST is a good local school in Pakistan, I'm sure Waterloo is leagues ahead in CS.
  • RoaringMiceRoaringMice Registered User Posts: 471 Member
    U Waterloo is a good uni for computer science. And I understand that having a North American bachelors degree can be prestigious in Pakistan. If going to U Waterloo will bring you more career opportunities than going to FAST would, then yes, defer your admission to Waterloo for a term, and get your visa done.

At the same time, can you also defer your admission to FAST? If you can, it can act as a backup should Waterloo not work out for you.
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom Registered User Posts: 12,130 Senior Member
    Have you confirmed that you can start in January? That isn't possible at all universities.
This discussion has been closed.