Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Concordia University in Montreal

emlee44emlee44 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I have just applied to Concordia University as of October 10th 2018. I am a high school student from the United States interested in attending Concordia. I have a 3.7 GPA. I know they dont require it, but I sent my ACT which was a 23, a personal essay and a sheet of accomplishments throughout high school, as they said it will help them with the review process. I put in the application that I was interested in Linguistics and Child studies and I was wondering what my chances of getting accepted are.

Replies to: Concordia University in Montreal

• OctagonOctagon Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    My friend went to Concordia and I went to McGill. Have you thought of McGill? You could apply to both. McGill is much more well known in the US. My friend who got accepted to Concordia did not get accepted to McGill.
  • emlee44emlee44 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2018
    My boyfriend actually goes to Mcgill but i never thought of applying because I dont think I meet the requirements for them. Also do you have an idea of what your friends grades were when they applied to Concordia? @Octagon
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 14,741 Senior Member
    A 23 ACT would result in a rejection from McGill. McGill requires the ACT/SAT for American applicants. The minimum for the least selective program is a 26 ACT.
  • emlee44emlee44 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2018
    Yea i wasnt planning on applying to Mcgill because i know i dont meet the requirements I was just wondering about Concordia. @TomSrOfBoston
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 39,654 Senior Member
    My guess is that you're okay for Concordia.:-)