Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Waterloo vs Queens

ber1023ber1023 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
edited April 2010 in Canada
I have a dilemma.

Im not sure if i want to be an actuary or do finance at queens business school! I would go to waterloo for actuarial science or queens for B.Comm but im not sure what to do

I dont know if my math is strong enough for actuarial science but i wont know until i try and i obviously got into the school so i cant be that bad (33 ACT) and i'd almost guaranteed have a job in Bermuda (where im from) if i was an actuary and past my exams

Finance on the other hand is something i also like but i dont think the job security is as good or the pay. So im not sure what to do and i have to decide soon, most people say go with what you enjoy but i dont know im not an actuary or someone with a CFA

thanks
Post edited by ber1023 on

Replies to: Waterloo vs Queens

• YaleRocksYaleRocks Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    If this affects you decision at all-

I heard that Queen's commerce is one of the most selective+prestigious programs in Canada, and its acceptance rate is close to some of the ivies
  • alam1alam1 Registered User Posts: 1,065 Senior Member
    To be honest, I don't think that Queen's Commerce's acceptance rate is close to Ivies... its probably around 20% if I were to hazard a guess. But yea, Queen's commerce is amazing.. I visited the building... very rich tradition. I'd go with commerce... also, the Queens campus is approximately 260096839 times better looking than Waterloo's campus... although neither are gorgeous.
  • YaleRocksYaleRocks Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    The new mathematics building at waterloo is pretty nice. Or maybe they just edited their photos to make it nicer.
This discussion has been closed.