right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone. Ask your question now and JOIN US tomorrow at 12:00 pm ET. Registered members only!

University of Toronto Vs Purdue University

nafis9nafis9 9 replies6 threads New Member
edited April 2010 in Canada
hiii! I got into both.for engineering can any1 help me to chose between these 2? thnx
edited April 2010
3 replies
Post edited by nafis9 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Toronto Vs Purdue University

• alam1alam1 1019 replies46 threads Senior Member
    ... U of T. trust. Don't waste the extra money to go to Purdue even though their engineering programs are good... U of T is just as good, if not better and plus its less expensive... I am usually telling ppl to choose US universities especially because they provide a traditional college experience but I doubt Purdue will do that.
    · Reply · Share
  • starbrightstarbright 4549 replies111 threads Senior Member
    Purdue certainly would provide a traditional college experience. Why do you think otherwise? I dunno, live in dorms, in a college town, follow college sports...??

They are both great places for engineering. And Purdue is particular well known in that area. But really not sure its worth the extra $$. Certainly not a better education. But that is true for most canadian vs. Us comparisons...I think spending say $40-50k a year vs. $15-20k is not worth it just for the perceived experience.
    · Reply · Share
  • kakaroooookakarooooo 108 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Lol u of toronto would be my choice. U of toronto isnt that bad its big in size but they have enough administrative resources to make up for that. Purdue doesnt do much good job at that. And the other thing is funding. U of torlnto gets WAY more govt endowment than purdue for undergrad research. That being said, i am in u of t so i could be biased. But i can tell you one thing: I never regret coming here!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity