Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Canadian student getting loans to go to US college

powerbombpowerbomb Registered User Posts: 3,364 Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Canada
Is there a way that I can get loans from my province to go to a US college? I looked into Studentaid BC and their applications come out in June...which seems way too late and does not give me enough time? Does anyone have experience with this? Has anyone successfully received loans from the Canadian/Provincial government to study in the US?
How did the process work?

All comments/questions/advices are appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by powerbomb on

Replies to: Canadian student getting loans to go to US college

  • Mustafah78Mustafah78 Registered User Posts: 479 Member
    You can't get loans from your province to study in the US, but you can get loans from the federal government. Check out canlearn.ca or call the National Student Loans Service Centre for information on how to apply.
This discussion has been closed.