Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Victoria Urgent Question

Prospectus786Prospectus786 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
edited May 2010 in Canada
So im just asking this question on behalf of a friend who is a prospective to Uvic but

How is the grade inflation at UVic, is it nice and plump up to American levels or no. Anyone know the true rigor of Uvic and how hard it would be to have an A+ GPA?

All comments are appreciated.
Post edited by Prospectus786 on

Replies to: University of Victoria Urgent Question

• Prospectus786Prospectus786 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Anyone? Any help will be appreciated??? BUMPP
  • ViggyRamViggyRam - Posts: 2,216 Senior Member
    UVic Calendar: Grading

if found that....its UVic's grading scale
    Just wondering if anyone attends Uvic or if anyone has some personal experience with this. I've read on some sites that its the easiest GPA wise in Canada. Is there any validity to this?
    Anyone???????BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • starbrightstarbright Registered User Posts: 4,660 Senior Member
    google utours
  • somemomsomemom Registered User Posts: 11,037 Senior Member
    I know the grade 12 averages required for admissions to UVic are lower than for UBC and I know that the grading scale is different than US, but I don't know what that means about "easy"

My DD attended Berkeley and did a term abroad at UBC and, yes, took upper division courses in her science major and she got her lowest mark of her career at UBC (a B, not a B+, a B) It was rigourous work and it is different in style than the US, it could take a term to get into the groove in a new country. I also know people who attended UVic in engineering who failed courses and had to repeat them, these were smart kids who are now successful & working, but they still had to work hard.
This discussion has been closed.