Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dual Major?

RightHandInLeftRightHandInLeft Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Careers in Medicine
I'll be starting the first year of a six-year pharmacy program next year, and I was thinking of possibly double-majoring (even though I've heard that it's pretty stressful, I'd still like to try). What would be a good second major that could build up from pharmacy (to help find a job or something) or serve as a foundation for a different job if I can't find a pharmacy job after I graduate? I'd still like it to be science or math based, but I'm not too sure what the best option would be. . .
Post edited by RightHandInLeft on

Replies to: Dual Major?

• i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Forum Champion Brown Posts: 8,252 Forum Champion
    what you like is going to be the best option since major doesn't really matter, and a good job applicant can sell almost any training background to an employer. Off the top of my head though I could see the use of a major in something like chemistry or molecular biology (better understanding of the drugs) or something like economics (better understanding of business for running a pharmacy).
This discussion has been closed.