right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Pharmacy, Physician Assistant or biology researching?

AeroDEAeroDE 359 replies15 threads Member
edited November 2018 in Careers in Medicine
Pharmacy- I like chemistry and working in a lab by myself or with a team. Also, I currently have A's on all the chemistry and organic chem classes. Planning to get a part-time job as a chem tutor.

Physician Assistant- I really like biology and I grow up around hospitals and visits it regularly to get meds and see my fathers friend when I was 6 -14 years old. Meanwhile, I get used to hearing siren sound of emergency vehicles, seen people cry in the emergency room and more.

Biology researching- I had completed 1-year college level biology with an A's in honors. My honors class give me a chance to do a research project which increased my curiosity.

Current GPA: 3.61 with 60+ units completed and applying to transfer to UCD, UCR or UCI for Biology or biochemistry major.

Bad side- No volunteer experience in hospitals. 19 years old community college student. I did not take any Physics courses, human anatomy, psychology but I am done with Calc 1 and 2.

I hate history -_- (note it is a good subject, but the readings are too much compared to an Ochem class).
edited November 2018
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Pharmacy, Physician Assistant or biology researching?

• AeroDEAeroDE 359 replies15 threads Member
    Update- No reply -_-
    · Reply · Share
  • artloversplusartloversplus 8601 replies251 threads Senior Member
    It’s a life style choice. Pharmacy has the most flexible schedule and portability. If you like that go after that.
    · Reply · Share
  • AeroDEAeroDE 359 replies15 threads Member
    oof ye but then again PharmD is probably gonna take another 4-6 years compared to an PA program.

Well, i'm okay with any working hours as long as I can find a job soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • KKmamaKKmama 3041 replies41 threads Senior Member
    Do you want to pass out pills, work in a research lab, or interact with patients? These are very different careers. Are you a people person or would you rather work less directly with people? Do you want to follow directions (prescriptions), think outside the box (research) or diagnose and treat (PA)?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity