Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Carleton vs. Emory

VictimofSuccessVictimofSuccess Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited April 2010 in Carleton College
Well, I've been accepted into both schools. I'm from the Midwest, pretty laid back, somewhat quirky, and not altogether preppy. I am considering History, Political Science, Business, and Biology for my possible major(s) in college. I would like to move on to graduate school for either medicine or business. Weather isn't really too important for me; I 'm used to having both blazing heat and freezing cold. I play golf, and would probably have a chance at making the team at either school. I'm also interested in writing (newspaper, literary journal, humor paper, whatever).

Any thoughts?
Post edited by VictimofSuccess on

Replies to: Carleton vs. Emory

• herewearehereweare Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Conventionally, it seems that you would fit into Carleton better, but as expected, both schools are composed of personalities on different dimensions. You should visit the schools on each of the "Accepted Student Days" and attend the one that you think will allow you to grow and develop to the fullest. Since you don't plan to end at the undergraduate level, choose the school that offers the greater stepping stone. I'm planning for either medical or law school after Carleton (will be starting in the fall), and it seems the school provides very focused programs for both areas. I'm not too familiar with the route of a mba hopeful, but both schools should offer ample preparation. Go to the one that will make you happy; you will succeed at any place that makes you happy.
  • JamiecagoJamiecago Registered User Posts: 460 Member
    Same dilemma here. I'm deciding among Carleton, Emory, UVa, UMich and Tufts...but mainly Carleton vs UVa.
  • VictimofSuccessVictimofSuccess Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Thanks!

I have a new question: which school will help me more with getting into a really good graduate school?
  • AloneAlone User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 846 Member
    I do know that Carleton undergrads are generally very successful in getting into grad schools, and Carleton has a positive reputation in top programs across nations. I do not, however, know how it compares to Emory.
This discussion has been closed.