Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Accepted Student Days

herewearehereweare Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
edited April 2010 in Carleton College
Are we supposed to wear formal/semi-formal wear to the Carleton Accepted Student Days?
Post edited by hereweare on

Replies to: Accepted Student Days

• AloneAlone User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 846 Member
    I am fairly sure that is not the case... If someone more knowledgeable could comment on this, it would be amazing.
  • treemantreeman Registered User Posts: 105 Junior Member
    No formal wear necessary. Being comfortable is the thing ... comfortable with the school, comfortable with your future classmates, and yes, comfortable in what you wear.
  • herewearehereweare Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    for the dinner on Thursday, I mean
  • mflevitymflevity Registered User Posts: 1,201 Senior Member
    Haha, wow. Absolutely not. It would be hilarious if you did, because everyone else'll be in the same wrinkled clothes they've been wearing on the plane all day.
  • dietcokewithlimedietcokewithlime Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    I LOVE the idea of a prospie showing up in semiformal attire. Love love love. But that is not because it's a good idea.

I'd actually go so far as to recommend you not iron your clothes, and spill something on your shirt for good measure.
  • lillydaisylillydaisy Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    No, I read on the website, or somewhere, I don't remember where, that it was casual.
    :D
  • 11901190 Registered User Posts: 628 Member
    I'm placing a vote for formal wear - tux or full length gown depending on your gender (or gender inclinations).

Will make quite the impression. :)
  • mflevitymflevity Registered User Posts: 1,201 Senior Member
    It's funny--I did see a very young-looking guy in a formal suit wheeling around a suitcase on campus today. Visiting speaker or future freshman politician? You decide...
  • sunmachinesunmachine Registered User Posts: 824 Member
    Hmm.. my son is there visiting now, but don't think he packed a suit...
  • dadx3dadx3 Registered User Posts: 1,559 Senior Member
    My son is there, too, and definitely no suit. I'll ask him if he saw anyone in formal wear....
  • breakfastbreakfast Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    don't worry, it's most definitely casual! just wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
  • pohakupohaku Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    LOL. My D went in jeans, sweatshirt and flip flops. Which is what the current students were wearing as well.
This discussion has been closed.