To distract me from waiting for an ED decision from another school...
School: Large MD public
GPA: 3.87 unweighted, 4.50 weighted
Rank: Top 10% (around 30/470)
Major: Mathematics, maybe double in Physics or Chem. Decisions, decisions...
Applying: Mellon College of Science, I guess.
SAT: 710 W, 720 M, 680 CR (2110 total) <-- I hate you SAT.
SAT CR + Math: 1400
SAT II: 720 Math 2, 660? on Chemistry
APs: Calc AB (5), Calc BC (5), Statistics (5), Chemistry (3), World History (3)
Financial Aid: No
Recommendations from: AP Calc 1 & 2 teacher, AP Chemistry 1 & 2 teacher
Junior Year Courses:
- American Studies 2
- English 11 Honors
- AP Chemistry 1 and 2
- AP Calculus AB and BC
- AP Statistics
Senior Year Courses:
- Calculus 3
- AP Physics 1 and 2
- AP Language and Comp
- Differential Equations (at a 4-year college)
- Discrete Mathematics (at a 4-year college)
- Linear Algebra (at a junior college)
- Entrepreneur of international business (my common app essay was all about this)
- Lots of volunteer work
- Organized 4 major charity fundraisers
- Established and Sponsor Athletic Scholarship for Cheerleaders
- 8 years (3 years in HS) of club cheerleading, was captain
- 3 years of varsity cheerleading, was captain
- Varsity letter recipient
- National Honor Society member
- AP Patriot Scholar (School wide award, finishing HS with at least 6 AP exams/college courses taken)
- AP Scholar with Honor
- Academic Letter Recipient
- Maryland Distinguished Scholar
- Student in selective Dual Enrollment program
Hooks: Legacy-ish? Mom attended for Grad School...won't help much I assume.